Hikari Faction Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hikari Faction Forums

Hikari Faction's forum for faction discussion, general questions and information.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fallen Role Models

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sukinee

Sukinee

Fallen Role Models Empty
PostSubject: Fallen Role Models   Fallen Role Models Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Well I figure now is a good time, if any to explain myself from the drama about r8 that has recently occurred and give you all my actual stance on it.

Essentially, I thought of the idea of just buying your way to rank 8 is completely defeating the purpose of rank to begin with, that being showing off all the questing and the help that you have given others in FB. There are also in-game ways to farm it as well, i.e. Trophy Mode. It just seems like cheating and yet another unfair advantage to cashshoppers to essentially buy rank 8 for just 70 bucks. I’m sorry but anyone who just buys rank 8 now is unrespectable to me. I also would not like flaming like “anti-cashshopper” because, to set the record straight, I do some mild cashshopping. I can honestly say in the past two years, I have spent the same amount of money as a year subscription to WoW. I still enjoy the game and I would like to still contribute some to support the company.

Am I being a bit of a traditionalist at the moment? Yes, but this just feels like cheating. If I seriously wanted all this stuff, I could join a private server in a heartbeat and there would still be a lack of satisfaction in a way.

I also see getting rank 8 now as the lazy route to getting good gear. I’m sorry I thought this was a game where you earn your way to getting good gear through instances and teamwork. I’m even more concerned that we will continue to not do a lot of different instances like I have listed in a previous thread. Great, you got the gear, what are you going to do with it now?...yay TT 3-3, it can now be done, it was already doable for people that did not have rank 8. Awesome, leaving more of us in the dust because we want to do something interesting, throw out an example of Lunar, and then get the response “no, don’t want to do that”, yet going into TT 3-3 just for bounty hunters?

I feel like I have lost some role models in the faction. I honestly wanted the faction to be more active and earn their gear, and we were on the right track. It’s just a real shame that so much work is now just tossed up in the air, like it was nothing. I wanted to follow someone in the type of gear that they may have, particularly on my alts. Now, I just see the models of “buy your way to get good gear”. Why bother play the game then? Who is the role model now? Who should I follow for advice? What is having fun now? Where should we draw the line?

Honestly, if you all do not like my opinion, or if any of you all get offended, or if my post is considered “disrespectful”, then banish me. I’m not going to sugarcoat my statement. The bottom line is, I’m honestly concerned for the faction because we are supposed to be active. Come on, the chat is dead most of the time even in the evening when all the North American members come online. I can’t seem to get anyone to do anything except Frost once in awhile or a TT to help get some mats. Perhaps I am on my own when it comes to preserving the true light. I love you guys, but seriously let’s reconsider some things, I want Hikari to still be fun.

I'm ending my opinion of r8, but I guess you can use this thread to discuss your opinions on it or whatever might be appropriate.

Thanks for reading and good luck to Hikari.
Back to top Go down

Fallen Role Models
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikari Faction Forums :: General :: General Discussions-
Jump to: